Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Flying And School Dreams

I was late to class
I have been late to class virtually all my adult life
I don`t know where my class room is
no one gave me my class schedule
and I don`t have enough time to
get there on time

This has been the theme of many dreams
of my recent years of adult lifetime

The dream ladies they tried to help me
but I don`t understand
they don`t understand how seriously I am taking these dreams

In this latest dream
I resort to the illogical human skill of flying
to find where I am supposed to be
to make up for lost time
in order to give the flight some poetic quality
my mind thinks of  an instramental accoustic spanish flamingo song
by Al DiMeola
to give it some more twist

I never find what I seek
only some stolen glances from some females
I will never romanticize

But I marvel at the thought and the grace
and the faith it took to achieve human flight,

No comments:

Post a Comment