Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I Wish to take my Dog places

I wish to take my dog places
a simple yet irrational request

He wants to go to the store
He wants to go to the restaurant
and while for a dog these are places of mischief
I can't begin to come close to solving the problem
of separation anxiety
unless these wishes are granted

I believe my dog should be able to go with me to the Latin King
he should be able to go to Dollar General
and he should be able to go the library
in particular the children's section

Now I realize that instead of getting older
I am getting younger
and instead of getting wiser
I am growing more foolish

But consider the parameters of companionship

The world needs more floppy eared friends
and less reality t-v shows about catching big fish with teeth











1 comment:

  1. This is my second attempt to post a comment:
    I would love to have Doggie Hitching Posts about town. Then I could walk my dog and stop by the library, or post office or coffee shop, run a quick errand. Then unhitch the pup and walk back home.
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete